The specified database has an incorrect collation. Rebuild the database with the Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS collation or create a new database
I have faced this error when I created a DB in the SQL server and then tried to create the Search Server DB name in the Search Server Configuration Page while configuring the Microsoft Search Server Express 2008.
1. The problem is the database created has incorrect collation.
2. We have to change the collation to Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS collation which is specified while configuring the web applications or search server DB in SharePoint.
3. Connect to the SQL server -> Select the Database created.
4. Right Click on the Database -> Properties -> Select Options page -> Change the collation as shown below:
5. Now try to configure the Search or Web Application in SharePoint, it will work as expected.