Jun 13, 2012

The specified database has an incorrect collation. Rebuild the database with the Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS collation or create a new database

Problem:
 I have faced this error when I created a DB in the SQL server and then tried to create the Search Server DB name in the Search Server Configuration Page while configuring the Microsoft Search Server Express 2008.
Solution:
1. The problem is the database created has incorrect collation.
2. We have to change the collation to Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS collation which is specified while configuring the web applications or search server DB in SharePoint.
3.  Connect to the SQL server -> Select the Database created.
4. Right Click on the Database -> Properties -> Select Options page -> Change the collation as shown below:
5. Now try to configure the Search or Web Application in SharePoint, it will work as expected.

6 comments:

  1. Your direction is really a good drug. I have got recovered form my problemfollowing your instructions. thanks for your cooperation. My tools is SharePoint tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the detailed and quick solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fixed my error! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers,

I LOVE to hear from you! Your feedback is always appreciated. I will try to reply to your query as soon as possible.

1. Make sure to click the "Notify me" check box at the right side to be notified of follow up comments and replies.
2. Please Do Not Spam - Spam comments will be deleted immediately upon review.