Jul 30, 2012

Parser Error Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, Position 1

I have got this error message suddenly in a (WSS 3.0) SharePoint site. The site is working as expected and it does not throw any errors before.
The error screen shot is below:


From the error message, I could understand that there is a problem with the browser comapatibility.
Solution:
I have navigated to the SharePoint site in the IIS and then explored the files in the IIS.
Then navigated to APP_Browsers folder, there I could see there is a  sub folder named _vti_cnf  inside I could see a file compat.broswer in it. This file (file which mentions the compatible browsers for loading the SharePoint site.) is already present in the root directory.
I have deleted this file (compat.browser) which is inside the _vti_cnf folder and refreshed the site, it worked as before.
Happy Sharing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers,

I LOVE to hear from you! Your feedback is always appreciated. I will try to reply to your query as soon as possible.

1. Make sure to click the "Notify me" check box at the right side to be notified of follow up comments and replies.
2. Please Do Not Spam - Spam comments will be deleted immediately upon review.