New Features of SharePoint 2013
It has been a while here, there are many reasons and I was busy as well. Let’s start it again with SharePoint 2013J
SharePoint 2013 has many new features and it is trending in the market. Let’s see the list of features which is new and what is different from the other versions of SharePoint.
- HTML 5 and CSS 3 support - Cross browser compatibility and optimized browser experience.
- Device Manager & Device Channels – new way of designing theme for the site using SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Community Portal – Social Networking makes collaboration within the organization easier.
- New Search Experience (My favorite feature J) - Continuous Crawl – yes, you get the results once you publish the new contents to the siteFast Search is integrated in the search feature and it is not a separate product now, licensing becomes easier.
- Content Search Web Part – display information from the other web apps which is not possible in other versions of SharePoint – and off course content has to be crawled and indexed for displaying in this web part
- Rich Workflows – New actions, no code web service call
- Shredded Storage - removes the duplicate files and hence reduces the amount of storage in the site
- WCM – Managed metadata for navigation and shortening of URL’s
- Apps & Apps Store – Create and publish apps
- Mobile Experience – Mobile usage has increased drastically and this feature allows you to view the SharePoint site in three view such as Classic, Contemporary, Full Screen UI.